It is true... I went to SLC completely child FREE!!! No, i didn't even take Tanner. I've just been pumping an extra "meal" a day in preparation for this trip. A friend from my ward asked me last month if I wanted to go on retreat with her and of course i said yes. We decided on Lagoon. Friday we ate with friends/family at my favorite chinese gourmet restaurant and had a great time talking. Amanda and I stayed up talking until 1:30 in the morning. My body kept waking me up early Sat. even though i'd gone to bed late and actually could sleep in...sad. We went to Lagoon and had a fabulous time! I took some dremmamine to be sure I wouldn't get sick. I still felt kindof light-headed and a bit tipsy when we would get off a ride. Our definite favorites were the Wicked,and the rocket. The rocket just made me laugh big time...not really sure why, but it was great. It was fun to spend the day just constantly laughing and screaming! We went to the Relief Society concert that night and I could NOT keep my eyes open!!!!! I was exhausted, but i'm also blaming it on the drugs. We went to dinner at the Gateway mall at The Counter and then had dessert at the Haagen Daaz ice cream shop... I love their dulce de leche ice cream!!! When we got back to amanda's aunts, I went straight to bed. Sunday we couldn't get ahold of any friends of family to go to church with, so we went to Amanda's mission president's grandson's ward. It was a great trip and we had some awesome conversations. I kept dreaming about the rides and even found myself leaning in different directions as i was "riding" the roller coasters. I can't wait to go again!
Monday, September 28, 2009
LAGOON
It is true... I went to SLC completely child FREE!!! No, i didn't even take Tanner. I've just been pumping an extra "meal" a day in preparation for this trip. A friend from my ward asked me last month if I wanted to go on retreat with her and of course i said yes. We decided on Lagoon. Friday we ate with friends/family at my favorite chinese gourmet restaurant and had a great time talking. Amanda and I stayed up talking until 1:30 in the morning. My body kept waking me up early Sat. even though i'd gone to bed late and actually could sleep in...sad. We went to Lagoon and had a fabulous time! I took some dremmamine to be sure I wouldn't get sick. I still felt kindof light-headed and a bit tipsy when we would get off a ride. Our definite favorites were the Wicked,and the rocket. The rocket just made me laugh big time...not really sure why, but it was great. It was fun to spend the day just constantly laughing and screaming! We went to the Relief Society concert that night and I could NOT keep my eyes open!!!!! I was exhausted, but i'm also blaming it on the drugs. We went to dinner at the Gateway mall at The Counter and then had dessert at the Haagen Daaz ice cream shop... I love their dulce de leche ice cream!!! When we got back to amanda's aunts, I went straight to bed. Sunday we couldn't get ahold of any friends of family to go to church with, so we went to Amanda's mission president's grandson's ward. It was a great trip and we had some awesome conversations. I kept dreaming about the rides and even found myself leaning in different directions as i was "riding" the roller coasters. I can't wait to go again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
how FUN!
YAY for you!!! I'm glad you were able to "retreat" and have some fun!
It was SO FUN to see you!! I'm glad that your Lagoon trip went well and you didn't get sick (yeah for drugs! ;-)
Post a Comment