HELP ME!!! Please give me ideas so that I can get my precious sleep back. My house has become incredibly small the last few months. We only have 2 bedrooms so Hyrum and Brayden have been in the same room since Brayden was born. I have finally had it with the two of them staying up all night playing and waking up before the sun even comes up, so I moved Hyrum into our entry-way and Tanner is in the bedroom with Brayden. I was super excited to go to sleep that night, because all three boys were asleep by 8:30pm!!! Only by 3am Hyrum had snuck into my room and into my bed only to be followed by Brayden an hour later. Not wanting to start a pattern, I put them both back in their beds. Well, the next few mornings went about the same, sometimes Hyrum would just go into brayden's room and wake him up (the kid needs way more sleep than hyrum is letting him have... he's a grump all day!) Yet again I thought I had a solution. I put a babygate up so that Hyrum couldn't get out of the entryway...apparently he can climb it and also just knock it over. ;o( What else can I do???? I am getting up more at night with those two than i am with tanner...not ok! If you need a visual... here is the post of pictures of my house. http://dcmaughan.blogspot.com/2008/05/ucon-house.html
The second picture is the entry way and the third picture shows the doorway to the entryway just to the right of the bookshelf.
oh and this morning i woke up to vaseline in brayden's hair. Still working on getting that out!
1 comment:
What if you set up the expectation with them the night before, whatever you want him to do (stay in bed, etc.) Then every night he stays in bed or whatever the expectation is, chart it with a gold star and let him put the star on the chart. Every time he does not meet the expectation, time out or whatever "punishment" you feel appropriate (no play time, no treat, etc.) It may take a couple of nights to get it going but it also might be worth it.
You could also have a FHE on why Heavenly Father gave us sleep if you want to explain it that way and how it helps our bodies be strong, etc. That may be a way to introduce the expectations you have for him and his brothers.
He also might be getting up still if he feels like he's left out with you and Dallas sharing a room and the two boys sharing a room and he's in the entry way. Maybe you could make that a special little place for him at night so he's excited to stay there and not bother the other boys.
Or give him options, if he wakes up early or first, give him a special book to read or music to listen to quietly until everyone else wakes up (if it's not the middle of the night). If he wakes up his brother or is noisy, then he no gold star or whatever...
Just some ideas...
Post a Comment