Here are a bunch of pictures of our house... try to piece them together! I'll try and go in order...when you come in the front door

, you walk into the entry way,

then into the living room.

The living room has a window that looks at the neighbors fence and our dying apple tree! It also has a built-in bookshelf (that i LOVE) and a wood stove. It's kinda small, but cute. Off the living,

through glass french doors (until they all get boken!!) is the boys' room,

which is HUGE and has a built-in cupboard/closet thingy. The other room off the living room (no halls in this house!)

is the master bedroom with a

"master bath"-needs some work, but still a NICE touch. And yes, my wedding dress IS hanging up on the wall... Tacky... I know! They weren't really thinking when they put the bedrooms along the road!

Now that it is nice enough to sleep with the windows open, I am up all night with random "hicks" driving around at 2am blaring the country (or whatever) or driving by on their very noisy 4-wheelers! Then I wake up nice and early to the outside ZOO!!!! I hear horses, dogs, and a MILLION birds! I'm sure I will get used to it, but it's crazy right now. Anyway.... The last room off the living room,

is the kitchen which also has a back entrance off the porch.

The kitchen is large, kinda a wierd layout... the fridge is on a wall all by itself... a wall that is that fake brick stuff (makes me laugh).

Because the house was built in 1909 we have a lot of neat "old" features, like the cupboards that go to the ceiling

and I have to pull over a chair to get anything out! Off the kitchen is the main bathroom,

and also the laundry room

(which is also a wierd layout-washer/dryer are on separate sides). The laundry room leads to the basement that we are working on.... i'll do another entry totally dedicated to the basement. SO! That's the inside.

Outside we have a little patio/deck thing and a fire pit, a pretty large garden that, yes, I have planted. I feel like i'm just watering the weeds though! ;O)

We planted some raspberry shutes that i'm super excited about, some fruit trees from Dallas' mom, and some pine trees. For a house this old... I can't believe nobody ever planted trees!!!!!!!!!!!! We actually have a nice view from the back. It feels like we are in the middle of nowhere when you look out the back window, because you see a field and the mountains are in the background... LOVE IT!!!

Dallas and I love to just sit out on the back porch and talk. Ok... so maybe
I love it, but I think Dallas enjoys it too.;o)
3 comments:
I love old houses they have some much charcter. it is a darling house!
u guys bought a HOUSE!? that's awesome! we live in a super old house that has been modernized too- but we are also lucky enough to have "ceiling cupboards" that i don't even use cuz i know i could never hope to reach them!
ur house is so cute!
congrats!
zenfmnaIt's a beautiful home. Congrats on your first house!
Post a Comment