When we got to Amber's house we were going to jump out of a box at her (in memory of some college fun) but it turns out businesses just don't keep their boxes anymore..that big anyway. So this is a video of what we did instead. (i had amber's snowboard while she was on her mission...that's what we put on the door step)
Friday...we drove to Seattle and did some sight-seeing...let's just say every where we went people said "you're not from around here...are you?" I guess we stuck-out like a sore thumb! The mountains were beautiful! On the drive Amber read to us from "Mars and Venus on a date" it was very interesting...especially since i'm already married.
We stayed at Erika's old youngwomen's president's house while we were in seattle. They have 2 hilarious children that put on "performances" for us. So fun! Saturday... we went to Pikes Market which I would have to say was our funnest touristy thing we did.
The flowers were gorgeous. We had a funny thing happen too. We were waiting at a crosswalk and some guy ran a red light (slowly) and this older lady stood in the road flagging him down, telling him to stop. Then she slammed her hand on the hood of his car! So, the guy rolled down his window and kept yelling, "lady! you don't touch my car!" he kept yelling it even when she was a block away. pretty funny. Later that day we went to the temple and met Kyan, who was waiting for Rose to show up to do some pictures before the wedding.
Sunday we drove back to Amber's for church. While there, her dad graciously announced that i was married. ;o) Also, Amber's mom kept calling her dad this (what seemed to be) random name! Turns-out it was his real first name, but I decided I'm going to start calling Dallas by a random name...instead of honey! what do you think? Just before bed we played the all-time amber game of assigning a question to a different color of skittle (in this case m&m). It was fun telling old memories... highs and lows of the weekend (i'd forgotten that tradition!). It really was so fun to see amber again! To those of you who are wondering the details of amber, here you go!
*She is still as silly as ever
*Something new: she's very concerned about safety-watching out for someone who might steal something, etc. (comes from her mission)
*She looks EXACTLY the same! No mission pounds for this woman! ;o)
OH! and we watched "the video" with her parents....yes emily!! we did. ;o) It really was a fabulous weekend with my old roommates! I just love those girls. The rest of you were greatly missed! The only bad thing was that Hyrum got sick and puked at 4:30am (on dallas' watch) and then Dallas got sick the day i came home and brayden later that night...so....now it is my turn. Today I had stomach cramps and other undelightful symptoms of the flu. However, it's been a 24hr thing for the rest of the crew, so hopefully it'll be the same for me!
5 comments:
Thanks for the post, I almost felt like I was there. It brought 206 memories flying back. I bet your husbands glad you are back--sorry about the illness.
Sorry, meant to say husband is. Whoops.
ohmigosh erika! seriously awesome to see u guys. On that vid i told aaron, 'that is SO 206- that's exactly how they used to be'
How fun!! I've been anxiously awaiting this post! You guys were a fun apartment to get to hang around...I'm glad the fun continues!
Thanks for the re-cap of the trip! It put a smile on my face after a lame day at work. I loved the video...I guess that some things never change...good things. I love you guys and miss you guys!
Post a Comment