Oops! I guess I forgot to post Hyrum's 3rd B-day. Things have been a bit crazy! Anyway... some new things about Hyrum. Just in the last few months I've really noticed his maturity level increase. It's been great to have him understand what I am saying. He has an extremely good memory (too good at times). He has become easier to understand when he speaks in sentences. He starts speech through the school district on Monday. He loves dinosaurs and everyone is a monster at some point in time... especially Daddy and Uncle Kyle (my sister's husband...amy's). we have also started the long road of potty training. He does good when he's naked, but will pee a little in his underware before realizing he needs to go to the potty.... I'm open to suggestions!!!!!! Hyrum still has a great sense of humor and is always making us laugh. you can tell he thinks he is funny too. For his party we had Tyrell/Rose and kids over for cake and ice cream. I did pretty good this year and made him a spiderman cake, which he loved. We were a bit lame in the gift department and got him a car toy thing that has an elevator, gas pump... you know what i'm talking about. From D.I. of course. and Gma Maughan gave him a very handsome suit. I also found the fisher price roller skates i bought forever ago for this b-day, so I'll have to give him those one of these days. ;o) Anyway, it was a successful b-day party. ;o)
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Hyrum's 3rd B-Day
Oops! I guess I forgot to post Hyrum's 3rd B-day. Things have been a bit crazy! Anyway... some new things about Hyrum. Just in the last few months I've really noticed his maturity level increase. It's been great to have him understand what I am saying. He has an extremely good memory (too good at times). He has become easier to understand when he speaks in sentences. He starts speech through the school district on Monday. He loves dinosaurs and everyone is a monster at some point in time... especially Daddy and Uncle Kyle (my sister's husband...amy's). we have also started the long road of potty training. He does good when he's naked, but will pee a little in his underware before realizing he needs to go to the potty.... I'm open to suggestions!!!!!! Hyrum still has a great sense of humor and is always making us laugh. you can tell he thinks he is funny too. For his party we had Tyrell/Rose and kids over for cake and ice cream. I did pretty good this year and made him a spiderman cake, which he loved. We were a bit lame in the gift department and got him a car toy thing that has an elevator, gas pump... you know what i'm talking about. From D.I. of course. and Gma Maughan gave him a very handsome suit. I also found the fisher price roller skates i bought forever ago for this b-day, so I'll have to give him those one of these days. ;o) Anyway, it was a successful b-day party. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
He is too cute in that suit! The cake looks great! Good job.
Holy cow, he looks so grown up in that suit. What a cool gift from Grandma! And you, Cecilia, are amazing for making his birthday cake. Way to go! It looks great!
You did an amazing job on the cake! Jacob loves spiderman and I was sure that I was going to be making a spiderman cake, but he wanted cookies instead. Yeah for me! As for the potty training don't give up. Ryan did peed a little in his underwear before getting to the toilet. It will end, and all of a sudden they just get it. I was giving Ryan an m&m everytime he went potty in the toilet, even if a little went in his underwear! He is potty trained now and it is great! I just have to get him go potty without his seat!
cecilia! yes i know you are from nebraska! i thought of you the entire time we were there! and thought of you and your siblings playing in corn fields! ps. you didn't miss the post, i actually just posted it 2 days ago and back dated it to the actual day we were in nebraska.
p.s. hyrum is such a stud in that suit! cool spidey cake!
That cake is amazing! You did an awesome job!
Fun! The cake looks amazing! You'll have to teach me sometime. Hyrum looks so handsome in his suit!
Post a Comment