Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Couponing

Yes, I am slowly becoming one of those coupon ladies at the store! But hey... Albertons is going to pay ME money for my grocery shopping trip yesterday! Sound good? Wait to you hear what I got!!!!
6 things of cream chease
8 bags of shredded cheese
6 little (teeny) containers of Haagen Daas ice cream
4 boxes of KRAFT Mac 'n cheese
6 things of easy mac
Lysol disinfectant wipes
Dial foam soap/pump
Here was how I did it (Thanks to my sister-in-law Suzanne and Pinchingyourpennies.com)
Albersons had a deal where if you buy $25 worth of select items then you get a $5 coupon to use on whatever at your next visit and you can send in for a $20 rebate check. So, before coupons, I "spent" $25. Only I really only spent $17-ish because of my coupons.Total, out-of-pocket spent was about $21 (taxes and a few dollars after coupons). So, I am going to be getting a $20 check in the mail, which brings me down to $1 spent ($0.05/item) and I still have a $5 coupon to use next time!!!
So, me and my delicious dulche de leche caramel, Haagan Daas Ice cream, are HUGE fans of couponing. ;o)

4 comments:

Matt Hovey said...

Sweet! Thanks, Cecilia. How's the family?

Matt and Maggie said...

Sorry! That post was from me. Ugh. I hate it when that happens.

Kyra and Ben said...

Good for you. Knowing me well enough, you probably can gather that I have never tackled the domestic job of cutting coupons...yet. It will go on the list with learning how to sew on a botton, baking something with yeast, and oh so much more that moms seem to be able to do.

Gallant Family said...

You're my hero. I love couponing! It's so great. Other than my 5 sunday papers with coupons getting STOLEN this morning. Yeah, I'm calling the newspaper in the morning. That's the only reason I even get the paper. UGH!