

Here are the photos you've all been waiting to see, and also the labor story for those who want to know all the details.
I went into the doctor Thursday morning and was only 4cm, but I'd been so antsy and nervous that the baby was just going to fall out, that I asked if I could go in that day to be induced (instead of Fri morn.). Dr. Lovell sent me to the hospital (with a quick stop to jack 'n the box for some real food before the labor diet). I started my antibiotics around 10am... which is nasty stuff! It burns like crazy, all I could think was "this stuff isn't meant to be put in an IV!!!!!" At 2:00 Dr. Lovell broke my water and I finally started having some contractions. They stayed about 3 min. apart for forever! So, after boring myself with walking, I sat in a rocking chair and talked to my mom on the phone while Dallas took a nap. She would laugh whenever I told her to hold on while I had a contraction, but it was a good distraction to talk to her. After a while I stood up and the contractions went crazy, so I told my mom it was time to get off the phone. At this point I was thinking, "finally! I've got to be like an 8 and we're almost done." well... I was only a 5 and only 75% effaced and the baby was still pretty high, -2 station. Let's just say...I think he could have stayed in the oven for a while longer. I was pretty disappointed and gave in to the lure of the epidural. Yes... that is what I said. I had an epidural. Getting the epidural was not fun, but it made for a really nice delivery and after birth. I was surprised that I could still feel most of what was going on down there... only without any pain. I liked that. Anyway, about 6 hours after they broke my water, Tanner finally decided to make his appearance. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 21 inches long. I actually feel really good. I had told the doctor that my goal was to not tear, so having the epidural made it easier for me to have more control during pushing (big plus). However, I still tore a little, but much better than the past two experiences! My mother-in-law has had the other boys in Rupert and will bring them back tomorrow. That has been really nice. I've had some good one-on-one time with Tanner and I feel ready for the other two to come back. I miss their entertainment! ;o) Anyway... that's the birth story.
12 comments:
He is SO CUTE! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well and everyone is healthy! We have some people in our ward from Rupert...wonder if Dallas knows them. Last name Hale? Just a shot in the dark...anyway congrats again on your addition!
P.S. Love the longer hair!
Wahoo! We couldn't be happier for you guys. I love his smile in the second pic. Too cute! We can't wait to meet little Tanner in less than 2 weeks. Maybe we could all watch Rocky together when we come visit. haha Love ya!
Congrats! Adorable! SO fun to see the pictures and hear the story. I'm glad to hear the delivery went so smoothly. I hope you have an easy recovery! I too also love the longer hair. :)
Congratulations!! I love of the picture of him grinning! I'm not sure if I should be reading birthing stories...at this point I pretty much prefer ignorance that way I don't get too nervous for delivery.
Anyway, YAY FOR YOU!! and your family!
Yay. I'm glad everything worked out well. He looks great and it will be good for you to have your other boys home too. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? Those photos make me miss Madison Memorial, crazy huh?!
Cecilia, I am so happy for you guys. I got a gas grin on camera too, with Reid. How funny! I'm glad your mom helped you out because the birthing process apparently was too much for Dallas-Just kidding!!
I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy. You're beautiful.
Congrats darlin, He is just so stinking adorable. I can't beleive he has such a huge smile. You are one of the luckiest people I know. YOu are a such a awsome mother. Love ya and think about you often. Love kat Ross Yearsley
Congratulations!!! I love sweet newborns!!! I'm glad things went well for you. Good luck with the recovery.
Sorry I'm a bit slow. It was so fun to hold him and take some pics! Thanks for coming over. Jonas likes having friends over too, so that's a plus. I'll get you the CD sometime soon.
Happy birthday Cecilia. Hope you got treated like a queen.
CONGRATS!!! Your new baby is adorable. How are you doing?
Hurray! Tanner came! He is so precious. I liked reading your story, it helps me to be not so scared of the birthing process (even though I have experienced it, only once and every time is different). Anyways Tanner is cute and I really like that name.
Post a Comment