Monday, July 6, 2009

AH!

I just have to say that looking at my pregnancy ticker just freaked me out! Technically it's 3 weeks left, but seeing 2 weeks 6 days just made it seem like it's tomorrow. Ok... so maybe that's just wishful thinking. ;o) At my appointment this last Thursday, I found-out that I am Strep B positive. Such a wierd thing if you ask me... the last two were negative, but this baby had to be positive! Anyway... so now I have to be "induced" because the antibiodics need to be started 4 hours before the baby is born... well... I don't think I'll have that much time since brayden was just a couple of hours. So, the plan is to start the antibiodics on a planned date (hopefully the 17th) and then strip my membranes and start the walking. I really would like to avoid Pitocin, just because I've heard/read that it makes labor much more intense and I would really like to avoid an epidural. I know you all think I'm crazy for it, but I figure if I can do it without, then why not avoid any potential problems and epidural can have? Anyway... don't want to argue with anyone on that subject. That's what works for me. So... we'll see. Saturday I had a lot of cramping and major back pain in the evening, so things may go their own way anyway! I'm blaming the cramping on the fact that they baby has "dropped". I've had no other indications of labor happening, but I'm sure it'll surprise me one of these days. ;o) Maybe that's just more wishful thinking though. Anyway...all I can say is...Let's get this over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kyra and Ben said...

He's coming soon. Don't worry, to each their own when it comes to natural vs. epidural. But, I am all about being induced...i for one am scared of my water breaking anywhere but the hospital, because it can't be fun if it happens at the grocery store or at church! You'll do great Cecilia, you've done it twice before. P.S. has Jack had his baby yet?

Court said...

You have to do what makes you feel most feel comfortable and safe so you can do your best. I'm sure you'll do great! Can't wait to see pictures!!!

Michelle said...

I had never heard that you had to get induced if you were group b positive. Good luck with everything. And if you do end up having to get pitocin maybe you can talk to your doctor about getting taken off it if you are able to have contractions on your own or tell them when things feel really hard/unnatural and ask them to turn the dosage down so your body handles it better. I had pitocin for about 4-5 hours I'd say with Elena's birth and then they turned it off and I was able to finish the labor without it - and my body did fine. Of course I was in hypnosis so I don't really know what the difference would be if I wasn't I guess... And its so true that baby's decide when they come - whether that's early or they decide they never want to come and we have to kick them out.

Good luck with everything! I know you will do great!

Matt and Maggie said...

Having done things twice before, you're a pro. I'm so blessed to know that Zeke is alive because of the C-section. I did the epidural for Reid. In case anything went wrong, I'd already be numb for another C-section. God's graces sent that it didn't happen. At any rate, you don't need to rationalize it with anyone because your reasons are far from selfish.
I don't think I have to tell you this either, but babies don't typically drop until a couple hours before, no? Eh, everybody is SO different. Hang in there.
You were so missed on the Fourth, Cecilia. Hope you made your own fun!!! :)

Gallant Family said...

I can't wait to see him and I hope he comes sooner than later! Let me know if you need anything in the meantime.

Michele said...

Good luck. I must say that each labor gets easier but the after pains get worse. I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy. You'll do great.