Just thought I would give you all a heads-up about Hyrum's next surgery. Our next "planned" surgery wasn't until he's about 6 and that will be a bone graft for his gumline. BUT... I finally took him to the surgeon (was supposed to go back in aug) because his speech therapist has insisted that the teeny tiny hole in the roof of his mouth (fistula) is why he can't say a lot of his consonant sounds. What do I think??? I think he's just lazy with his lips. Anyway, the surgeon said we could take care of it whenever...now, summer, fall. I decided to go with the now because we will be having baby #3 in the summer. So, This Tuesday...the 17th we are scheduled for surgery at Primary Children's. So, if anyone wants to say hello, we will be there Monday afternoon and staying at the Ronald McDonald house (love that place). So what are they doing?? Closing the hole and then doing a little revision on his lip 'cause he's got a little extra skin that's bothered me for a while. And touch up his scar right under his nostril. It gets red sometimes...not all the time, but I figure when he's 16 he really won't like trying to cover that up!!! So... we're taking care of it now. It's supposed to be "no big deal" and we could leave that same day, but he scheduled us for an overnight since we don't live near by. HOWEVER...his last surgery he was only 1 and it was "major" plus he had a fever of 105, and we still had to follow him around with his IV pole because he was bored sitting in his crib! That was the day after surgery! So, we'll see how long we'll stay this time around. So, I really hate handing him over to the anesthesiologist, but they'll give him a sedative and Dallas will pull him around in the wagon, so at least he'll be asleep. I'm just not looking forward to arm restraints...he's not going to like that so much. But he's gonna need them 'cause right now he's ALWAYS got something in his mouth. So... that's next week's adventure!! Thankfully, Dallas' sister, Taralee is watching Brayden for us! ;o)
On another note... we will FINALLY find-out what kind of baby we are having! My appt. is March 5th. Keep your fingers crossed that it's a girl!!!
8 comments:
Congrats on being pregnant! Good luck having a girl, maybe I should give you some of my luck :) Good luck with the surgery too!!
I hope the surgery goes well! And I'll be wishing girl vibes your way! :) Fun! March is right around the corner.
Hey we will keep you in our prayers with the surgery thing. Congrats on the baby thing. that is just so awsome. Love ya tons Kathryn Ross Yearsley
I hope everything with the surgery goes well. I would have also done it now before baby #3 comes. And personally I would love it if you had another boy so that we can be moms of 3 boys! It's actually a lot of fun. Hopefully one day a girl will come though.
Thanks for the update, Cecilia. Good luck on all counts.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Having it done before the third baby's arrival is smart because Hyrum's going to need all that extra attention. Every time you post something it makes me miss Idaho! (Can't wait to find out if you got a girl or boy baking in the oven).
Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it's always hard to hand over your little one. Also, congrats on baby #3!
I can't believe poor Hyrum has to have another surgery. Will we see you at all while you're in town? Call me if you're bored or hungry and you know you're ALWAYS welcome over! Love ya!
Post a Comment