Monday, May 12, 2008

PROM


Dallas was gone for a week to Nebraska (without me!) for some training for work. He was only 20min from my parent's house! Anyway... so when he got back on April 26th after a long night of sleeping in the airport baggage area (cancelled his flight) he still took me to Idaho Falls'
"second chance prom". Awwwww... isn't that so sweet! ;o) We took the kids to Dallas' sister, Taralee (and Dustin... can't forget the hubby) for the night. THANK YOU!!!! We dropped them off and then went to blast off for a pitiful game of miniature golf! Then we ate at pizza hut... new fav! And then we came home to get all prettied-up. Sad thing was... I couldn't zip up my dress! HA!!!!!! oh well... I ended up wearing my BYU-I concert band dress. Not the prettiest thing, but it worked. It was a good thing we took pictures before we left, 'cause while we were in line for them at the dance, we saw money being passed across the table... which we didn't bring any in, so we left the line. It was a little wierd dancing with a bunch of strangers, and I admit I was a tad bit embarrassed, but then I looked around and saw people MUCH older than me going crazy... and I didn't worry about looking silly anymore! We had a ton of fun. Even better news is that we got to SLEEP IN the next morning!!!! Once again... thank you Taralee and Dustin!!! OH! and for those of you who did not go to highschool with me... you don't have to feel bad that i "didn't get to go to prom"... i did! We just wanted to go dancing... and it was FREE!!! We will be adding that to our list of traditions. ;o)

3 comments:

Guh said...

i've always thought it would be fun to go to one of those... but i've never really cared for that whole dancing thing... so prolly i'll never end up going...

Catherine said...

You are too freakin' gorgeous Cecilia! Greta photo of you two. I'm so glad you and Dallas has a hot night out! What does it mean to "sleep in"? I don't know the meaning of those words! ;) hahaha Maybe Wade and I need to have a getaway like that!

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

I actually thought you looked great in the photo and then I read the blog so you are way off! Your hair looks great too by the way. :-) What a fun tradition! I wonder if they have anything like that here...