Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas in Nebraska


Dallas and I took the boys to see the Eliker fam for Christmas. The day we were supposed to fly out of Idaho Falls (Christmas Eve) our flight was cancelled... fortunately the next flight out wasn't and we were able to leave!! However, it meant a LOT more time in the airport and we had to fly into Omaho instead of Lincoln. But at least we'd get there before Christmas! One aiport mishap...Hyrum had a "blow-out" and Dallas got to take care of it. ;o) He ended up giving him a bath in the sink and throwing away Hyrum's onesy. That was the only poop problem the whole trip though!
Christmas morning, even though I'm "old" ( as my sisters tell me) and married, I still woke up around 4:30am to take a peak at the presents. I think we were all up to open them before 7. Dallas and I thought it would be funny to wear footy pajamas along with the little boys. Hyrum was fun to watch open the presents even though, like most 16 mo. old kids, he lost interest very quickly.

We were in Nebraska for almost 2 weeks and Dallas and I got spoiled! My amazing family took care of the boys A LOT. Dallas and I even got to play some lazer tag with some of my siblings. Hyrum had fun sharing earphones with Alex. He just is so funny!


We made sure we took lots of pictures of Grandma with her little grand-babies. Too bad she doesn't move out west!!! *hint hint









Here's a few more pictures from the trip

Jack and Rachael have a Chincilla (however you spell that) and we had Hyrum pet it. He whimpered the whole time like he was just doing it to get it over with, but he did it anyway!



Alex took Hyrum sledding around the yard. Hyrum I would say...tolerated it.







6 comments:

Guh said...

:D i'm so happy to hear from you again! I seriously check your blog like, every day! That's so fun that u guys got to go to Nebraska for cmas... and that u only had one "poop" incident... and that the "poop" incident wasn't on the plane! :D.

i think i'd be too nervous about flying with little kids- worried about them freaking out...

course i'm a flying novice anyway- and it takes a major act of faith for me to make it through a flight without having a breakdown...

... just in case u wanted to know.

Unknown said...

Angela! You must be on RIGHT now, 'cause I just barely posted it!!! I'm actually working on changing it 'cause it needs more pictures... do you have IM? My thing is dcmaughan@live.com (i think anyway)

Guh said...

I'm so glad you added those pictures! Your little boys are the cutest!!! Seriously. So Fun!

oh, btw, i have yahoo messenger

Mike and Christina Jenson said...

What a great Christmas! Your pictures were so fun to see! Your little boys are the cutest! It was great to see some pictures of your truly amazing family. I miss them! I need to catch up on my posting from the holidays. Keep it up! I love to see how your family is doing. luv ya!

Paul said...

Sweet! I didn't think they made footed PJs like that for adult size people. Say hi to the family for me.

britni jean said...

great footie pj's. you guys are so funny!