Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Brayden






Now that we are home I can give a little more detail on Brayden. Tues. Nov. 20th I went to my doctor's appointment at 1:00pm and the doctor stripped my membranes (without telling me first!! OUCH!!!!!) and then said, "Well... we'll see you at the hospital" He told me that as soon as the contractions came, I could go... or I could go any time and he would break my water. So, what did I do? I had Dallas drive me to Tyrell and Rose's so that I could get the cheesecake Rose had saved for me!! Well, the contractions started really coming, so we picked up the cheesecake and called my sister, Sara to come to our house to watch Hyrum. We got to the hospital about 3:30 and he was born at 5:27! Much faster than Hyrum!!! He actually got bruises on his face from coming out so fast. The doctor basically walked into the room and sat down to deliver Brayden!

So, now we are at home and everything is good. Hyrum stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Maughan for 5 days and just barely came home on Monday. Hyrum will just stop and point at Brayden every now and then, but that's about it. Brayden pretty much just sleeps all day! So, that has made having two little boys not much different than having only one. I'm sure it will change soon.

Dallas had the whole last week off for Thanksgiving break so he took great care of me! He kept the house cleaned, cooked dinner and even made me breakfast in bed! I've been spoiled and am sad he is back to school!

That's life right now!

3 comments:

Guh said...

so glad everyone is doing well! Thanks for the update! it's so good to see how the 4 of you are doing!

J said...

Cecilia!!!!
What a cute family you have!! So did you have an epidural this time, or no!! If you didn't I'll officially call you wonder woman!!! So I started a blog... you'll have to check it out!! jjhill03.blogspot.com
Jenny

Lacey said...

Your blog is so cute! We have one as well glalex.blogspot.com so you'll have to check it out! I always love being updated with old friends. congrats on the new baby!
lacey