Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas







This year was an interesting Christmas. We decided to limit our purchases to the Target gift card we got from Dallas' sister. Let's just say... we won't be doing that again. ;o) After a few days of Dallas asking if he could open a present, I finally gave in and he got to open his movie "Prince Caspian" and I got to open 2 bags of Reeses mini Peanut Butter cups... YUM!! Dallas worked all the way up to Christmas Eve and then we went to Rupert to spend Christmas with Dallas' parents. We did open a few presents at home because we didn't want to put them in the car...a lego table for the boys, the mega blocks (my mom) for the table, and a tent (my family)for the boys. I set it up in their room and they had a lot of fun playing in it. Christmas Day we woke up around 7 when Hyrum woke up, ate some breakfast and then opened presents. Hyrum had fun playing santa and throwing the presents at everyone (for a while anyway). He loved his little animal set Dallas and I got him. It was fun to actually see him get excited about opening gifts. Brayden just ran around, but also liked opening presents when called him over. The rest of the day Dallas spent plowing the lane because we'd had a nasty, windy story the night before. He also got a little snowboarding on the ramp in. Sat. Spencer (Dallas' brother) took us snowmobiling and let me just say I am a WHIMP!!! I ended up just sitting in the snow until Spencer came and picked me up. ;o) That was after Dallas had dumped me off a couple of times and I thought I was going to cry because I was so scared!!! It was fun after I got on with Spencer though. Let's just say Spencer is a bit better with a snowmobile than Dallas. We'd planned to come home on Sunday, but the interstate was closed, so we headed home on Monday. Tuesday we finally went and got some family photos taken, so those will be up as soon as i get them! The boys did awesome, so it was a good experience. And that was our Christmas!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Jon got Megabloks, too. He loves them! I'm with you...last time I went snowmobiling, I about peed my pants because I was so scared! I'm never that scared on a fourwheeler, but Wade was a crazy driver on the snowmobile!!! Glad it was a great Christmas for you guys.