Friday, August 22, 2008

Hyrum's 2yr B-day



Hyrum turned two last saturday!Hyrum has brought us a lot of laughter and we're so greatful to have him! It seems like such a long time ago that we were going to Primary children's hospital 1x a month and dealing with surgeries for his cleft! He still has one left... a bone graft for the gumline when he is 6. But, I can at least pretend we are done! Hyrum is a very "opinionated" child (that's what we like to call it). He knows EXACTLY what he wants! If he wants a movie... it's a specific movie! Cereal...a specific kind. I even have to let him pick his shirt because he gets mad if it's not the one he had in mind! ;o) you get the picture! He definitely has a temper to match his hair, but he is also such a sweet little boy. he gives me kisses and hugs, snuggles at night. He'll even play nicely with brayden so that i can take a nap! I often think about how if we'd lived in "pioneer days" hyrum would not have made it! Most of you know his birth story, but here it is anyway! My water broke at 36 weeks (a month early). But delivery went fine and he was a 7lb 4oz baby! However, upon delivery we discovered he had a cleft lip and pallate... not such a big deal... i was at least familiar with clefts and new it was fixable. He also had a hole in his lung, so they quickly took him away from me and he was hooked up to a bunch of stuff in the special care nursery. On our last day there, the air that was escaping his lung caused his lung to collapse. We were life flighted to PCMC in Utah and stayed there for a week. I feel like it was an out-of-body experience. But, he got better quickly and we came home with no more problems (other than normal cleft issues). I am so thankful for the technology we have!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a special little guy he is! We love you Hyrum. Happy 2nd birthday, buddy!

Catherine said...

Oh, I also wanted to mention how much I love the new look of your blog. So cute!
PS) Call me sometime, Cecilia! We're both verizon, yea!

jamie said...

I agree with your comment about technology-Hyrumn made it because of it-and in my case i never would have had gracie without it-so i am definetly glad i am not a pioneer-amoung many other reasons as well hahaha-well tell happy birthday to hyrum for me -

Guh said...

i don't think i heard that story! it all sounds so scary,but you're right, we are so lucky for the tech we have for so many reasons!

thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

Birthdays are so much fun! Hyrum is your little miracle baby. He sure is a cute little guy.

Kyra and Ben said...

Happy belated birthday Hyrum! Cecilia, I can't believe you have a two year old. How'd you enjoy your pregnancy-free summer?

Matt and Maggie said...

Yay! Life's neat, isn't it? Happy birthday to Hyrum.
I actually might have to seek some advice from you soon... Possibly entailing what you've gone through.

Tenille said...

Happy Belated Birthday Hyrum! He's such a cutie Cecilia. I never did know your birth story- makes him all the more special huh? Isaac was born at 35 and 5 too and in the NICU for a week. We sure are blessed to live in the day and age with great technology- imagine what it'll be like for our kids one day!