
Poor Hyrum.... half an hour later and he is still crying in bed, because he can't find his favorite corner to suck on! I have been slowly cutting the corners off (rounding them) so that he won't suck on his blanket. He only sucks on corners... and he also has to have a soggy corner to hold on to! YUCK!!! As many of you have seen (or mistakenly touched) the blanky, you know how incredibly disgusting that thing is! No matter how hard I try to keep it clean, it's just permanently nastified! So, this last week I cut of the 2nd to last corner (the holding corner) and he actually didn't seem to mind... he just held onto the corner he was sucking, because the wet area was HUGE since it was the only corner left to suck on! Well... today he woke up with a really sore chin and it was also on the bottom of his lip, so I decided that was my cue that I need to get rid of that final corner. I always do it in front of him and he didn't even seem to mind that the last corner was being cut away. He'll even pick up the corner and say "yucky" (in his mostly vowel only language). Anyway, we were fine until I told him it was time for naps. He picked up his blanky and started turning it and turning it (looking for the precious corner). Finally he said "blanky???" I told him there were no more corners because it gave him an ouchy. Needless to say... as of this moment I think he may have finally given up and gone to sleep. but, i'll probably post this and the crying will start again. Poor Hyrum.... ;o) If i'm lucky, maybe he won't need his blanky anymore. we'll see.... Here is the tribute to the blanky..


5 comments:
I don't know if "nastified" is a real word but you rock for making it up though because it made me laugh! :) Poor Hyrum! I hope he sleeps okay without his treasured blanky!
Wow! Now, do you have any advice for double finger sucking Zeke? I can't cut corners with that. :)
How funny! I'm glad my daughter isn't the only one who has a child who's hooked to something that has turned yucky :)
those nasty blankies. :P sarah still has her's i need to start taking her off of it. By the way i made my blog secure so i need your email addy to add you to my list of readers. email it to me at breannasuhr@gmail.com.
last night when i went to bed i pulled my soft fleece blanket over me and it was like a surge of comfort. It's like the soft fuzzy feeling or the action of pulling it over me has been repeated so often that now it is an immediate signal to my brain that it's finally time for a rest from the worries of the day.
U may be glad to know, though, that it isn't the blanket that i've had since i was little, but it's been at least 5-10 years since i got it.
oh and i'm sure not to suck on it, either.
i love my blankie...
Post a Comment