Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kidney Stone!

Things have been really crazy! A month ago (time flies) we closed on our first house! That next weekend I was helping move a desk out of our basement and I hurt my back. Thankfully I was able to see a chiropracter (friend's dad) and he fixed my back. The next day I was working on invitations on the floor, sitting with my legs crossed, and leaning over (I now know... a BIG no no!) And, my back started killing me again. I thought I was going to die! It felt like I was in labor because there was no comfortable position!! So, back to the chiropracter and while i was there my stomach and back muscles started to spasm.... INTENSE pain!!!! After probably at least 30 min. we got the muscles to stop spasming, but i was still in major pain. He told me something else was going on and I needed to go to the ER. So, there we went. A cat scan and some morphine later.... a big old 9mm kidney stone had moved out of my kidney and was stuck just outside my bladder. You know how they say kidney stones are worse than labor? THEY ARE!!! So a couple days on morphine and a million gallons of water... i went in for surgery to remove the stone. They just went in through the urethra with a scope, broke it up, and pulled it out. (I'm glad I was asleep!) They then left a shunt in to drain my kidney, which was removed a week later and I wish I would have taken a picture of that thing! It was HUGE!!!! Definitely at least a foot long!!!! I don't know how it fit in there! Anyway.... thankfully we have amazing family near by and my sister-in-law (ROSE) took care of my little boys for a week!!!! My mother-in-law was also able to come and help clean/babysit/unpack... since that was the weekend we had to move out of our "garage"! good timing huh? *wink* So, basically I spent a week in bed and these pictures are the result of some serious bed head!!! Rose lovingly named it "duck butt" hair. Well, I am feeling back to my old self and I hope to never experience that again! Soon, I will post pics of the progress on our teeny basement and what our new house looks like. Also... Rose and I have been bored lately.... VERY bored. When that happens we do some crazy things......... to be continued........ ;o)

8 comments:

Lacey said...

You poor thing! Why does everything happen at once? Congrats on the house though!

Guh said...

that supersux!

i think i would rather move myself and unpack...

just a thought.

:D

oh, and congrats on the house!

Hodges Family said...

Oh my! that is no fun I have had three kidney stones nothing that bad though and definatly worse than labor! I feel so bad for you! congrats on the new house that is really exciting!

Draco said...

Argh argh argh. I had a kidney stone once, too, right before I was supposed to go to sea. I had a nurse tell me that it's worse than labor, too, so I guess any future missuses got nothin' on me. :P

So I totally feel your pain. Hopefully cranberry juice has found its way into your diet, and you never ever have to go through that again. :(

Breanna said...

sorry to hear about the kidney stones :( hope you're feeling better. congrats on the new house :)Breanna (Gerlach) Suhr

Gallant Family said...

NICE HAIR! That is my only problem with short hair, it does funny things when you sleep on it. I had such a day this last week and I should have taken a picture! Next time I will. I can't wait to see your house--I should just come over one of these days.

Mindy said...

Cecilia,
I'm so sorry about your kidney stone experience. Ryan is going through the same thing right now. It's no fun. Anway..Erika gave me your blog name and I'm so excited to get in touch with a few more old friends. Your boys are so cute. Congrats on your house!!!

Mindy

Michele said...

Cecilia,
Gosh its been a long time! How have you been? This is Michele from Carriage House 208 or 212, which ever you remember me from. (Maybe you don't even remember me). Sorry to hear about your kidney stones. So I have a blog too but it is set on private. So I need your email address and then I can add you. My email is mommymichele1@yahoo.com Oh and I found your blog off of Melissa in case you were wondering. Your family looks so happy and cute!